P5 –
Learners plan the development of their own social media website, including d)
production plan with launch date
During the production stages I will also carry out
user/customer testimonials. For instance, many companies frequently post
testimonials from happy customers. Testimonials build trust by showing how
other people have used and recommended the company’s product. I will use this
on my own social media website and will place this at the bottom of my
homepage. These testimonials will act as a “building block” to support my
websites reputation.
Below is an example of how customer testimonials are presented
on a current website.
As discovered online, it is
essential that the first impression of the website users is valued as this is
very important when targeting consumers. They will either be drawn in and
recommend the site to others, or they will be uninterested and not look to
share their view or if so, in a negative light.
A recent study by Google found
that the website sections that drew the most interest from viewers were as
follows:
•The institution’s logo. Users
spent about 6.48 seconds focused on this area before moving on.
•The main navigation menu. Almost
as popular as the logo, subjects spent an average of 6.44 seconds viewing the
menu.
•The search box, where users
focused for just over 6 seconds.
•The site’s main image, where
users’ eyes fixated for an average of 5.94 seconds.
•The site’s written content,
where users spent about 5.59 seconds.
•The bottom of a website, where
users spent about 5.25 seconds.
Therefore, a good first
impression leads to longer visit duration. I will use this information to make
sure the 6 elements listed here look great on my own designed website.
The launch date for my website will be 18th April
2018. This ensures that following the scheduled 8 months for production, I will
still have time to resolve any issues following this which would need to be
sorted before the launch date. For instance, if the website still needs more
time to be spent on the development before actually being released, this will
be available.

Above I have produced a Gant Chart in order to show a clear demonstration of the timescale in which I will work on each stage of the production process for designing my new app. For instance, I will work on the planning and design for the first two weeks, before moving onto the development process of my app. Alpha testing will use up three weeks of the production process, whereas Beta testing will take four weeks as this is considered a more complex feature to focus on. Following this I will then move onto Marketing in weeks 6-8, Publishing/ Distribution in weeks 8-11 and the Post- Release Schedule from weeks 11-15. This aspect requires the longest amount of time throughout the production process as it is the last topic to focus on. Therefore when this is finished I am left with time to go over the necessary aspects which I may have needed more time to work on, if necessary.
Gant Chart for
Production of App
Above I have produced a Gant Chart in order to show a clear demonstration of the timescale in which I will work on each stage of the production process for designing my new app. For instance, I will work on the planning and design for the first two weeks, before moving onto the development process of my app. Alpha testing will use up three weeks of the production process, whereas Beta testing will take four weeks as this is considered a more complex feature to focus on. Following this I will then move onto Marketing in weeks 6-8, Publishing/ Distribution in weeks 8-11 and the Post- Release Schedule from weeks 11-15. This aspect requires the longest amount of time throughout the production process as it is the last topic to focus on. Therefore when this is finished I am left with time to go over the necessary aspects which I may have needed more time to work on, if necessary.
No comments:
Post a Comment