Wednesday, 15 March 2017

P5 C


P5 – Learners plan the development of their own social media website, including c) target user/membership
I previously decided that the target demographic for my new social media website will be those who are female, between the ages of 18-23, and who share the interest of communicating with others online. I used the ideas for my chosen demographic when designing my social media website and this is clear through the use of my colour scheme. When designing my homepage and members page for instance, it is clear how pink is the most domain colour used- which has clear connotations of passion, love and overall femininity, which I believed would be popular within the female target audience. Despite this decision, I am aware that users from other categories, i.e. from a different age group are still able to use and relate with my social media site. I will now state how the target demographic has helped me throughout the development stages of my website, and why this is crucial for ensuring that my website will be popular amongst this specific target audience.
In order to decide which target age group to aim my new website at, I used online statistics to gather information on which age category is generally most popular to use online social media websites. I then used this as crucial information for who will be targeted towards my new website; finding that such an age group was those aged 18-23. Following this, I researched the specific interests of my target age group whilst they are using a social media website. This is so that I could use this when designing my own website and involve the specific preferences of my chosen demographic; which will most likely ensure that my site will meet their specific interests. Such interests involved instant messaging, sharing photos and videos online and being able to connect with new people. I ensured that each of these choices have been involved in the development of my website, along with others.
When deciding that my social media site will be aimed towards those who are female, I allowed this to
I also wished to ensure that my online website will allow those who share specific interests can connect online. To do this, I decided that my website will have a specific genre or purpose- which essentially involves the discussion of animals and pets. This ensures my aim of allowing people to connect through their interests, as they share the choice of having an animal or pet which they can discuss together through the site.


No comments:

Post a Comment